Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 230 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role...
The Inari Software Engineering team is looking for a Machine Learning Operations Engineer. Our team is building cloud-native, machine learning based systems that tackle problems at the intersection of breeding, gene editing, and agronomy, working closely with data scientists, bioinformaticians, quantitative geneticists, and crop scientists. As a member of our machine learning engineering team, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining the platform that supports predictive design across all of Inari: From exploration to production inferences, supporting our data scientists across science and product teams.
Inari is a late-stage biotech startup on a mission to transform the food system and create a more sustainable future. We are using predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to unlock the full potential of seeds. Inari was named a Technology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum and our Inari Engineering team is featured in the top 16 Engineering teams in the tech industry.
If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
Location: Ghent, Belgium
What you’ll do
- Work with a team of software engineers supporting tools to enable machine learning and data science.
- Strategize with project and team leads from our science and product teams to support efforts that are fundamentally changing how we grow food.
- Set standards on how to run a variety of workflows for machine learning and accelerated computing on the cloud and provide input on best practices for data intensive workloads.
- Work with analysts, data scientists, bioinformaticians to understand the various use cases and support pipelines and processes that help support iterative analyses.
- Develop and productize applications that integrate with and extend our breeding, phenotyping, and genomic data.
- Develop robust integrations with strategic third party tools, platforms and models
- Contribute to design and overall engineering roadmap
- Set the standards and expectations of your team, especially around diversity and inclusion.
- Work with genomics and phenotypic data and an interest in helping organizations manage, clean, and access it in accelerated computing applications
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Mathematics, Biotechnology, Electrical Engineering or related STEM fields.
- 4+ years of software engineering experience supporting scientists doing heavy data analysis.
- Strong understanding of AWS and deploying systems and services to public cloud environments.
- A strong commitment to our team’s values: learn from every decision, no heroes/heroines, thoughtful inclusion, and fail fast.
- Expertise in Object Oriented Programming, python
- A passion for CI/CD and containerization technology.
- Expertise with machine learning pipelines, cloud tools, infrastructure-as-code, microservices, and containerization. Relevant tech includes AWS tools, Kubernetes, Kubeflow, TensorFlow or PyTorch.
- Significant experience with professional software engineering, including automated testing, agile methodologies, DevOps, pair programming, refactoring.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross functional environment in a self directed fashion
- Active interest in learning new technology or domains. We are an organization that goes across many disciplines.
- Desire to work in a mission driven organization focused on sustainability and how we grow food
- Interest in exploring new tools from the literature and working with large data sets.
- Experience working with agtech or biotech.
- Experience with Scala, Go, Arrikto
- Experience working with computational scientists and understanding their diverse needs.
What Inari offers…
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- Stock options
- Group insurance
- Health insurance
- Meal vouchers
- Free public transportation
Learn more about us:
Helping farmers feed the world: https://seedworld.com/faster-breeding-will-help-farmers-feed-the-world/
World Economic Forum Global Innovator: https://inari.com/news/inari-selected-for-world-economic-forums-global-innovators-community
Bloomberg: Inari AgTech Startup https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-12/agtech-startup-inari-nabs-new-funding-at-1-2-billion-valuation
Inari Engineering @ Re:Invent
AWS re:Invent 2021 - Deliver positive cloud outcomes with architecture best practices
- Employee organized groups, regular social events, and volunteer opportunities provide ways for us to forge personal connections and have fun
- A strong focus on professional development, with both internal and external learning opportunities
- Collaboration opportunities with external stakeholders through interactions with our Scientific Advisory Community
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance; competitive parental leave
Apply for this job
Inari is proud of our diverse and talented workforce, and committed to maintaining an environment and business practices that reinforce our commitment to equal opportunity. All employment decisions are based solely upon individual competence, track record of performance, and qualifications related to the scope of responsibility of the job, without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/reassignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.