Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 230 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role...
The Chief Information and Data Officer is looking for a VP, Data. Our team is building cloud-native, machine learning based systems that tackle problems at the intersection of breeding, gene editing, and agronomy, working closely with data scientists, bioinformaticians, quantitative geneticists, and crop scientists. As the VP, Data, you have strong data infrastructure and data architecture skills and will drive Inari’s data strategy by developing and implementing solutions using bleeding edge technology.
Inari is a late-stage biotech startup on a mission to transform the food system and create a more sustainable future. We are using predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to unlock the full potential of seeds. Inari was named a Technology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum and our Inari Engineering team is featured in the top 16 Engineering teams in the tech industry.
If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
As the VP, Data you will…
- Develop and execute the vision and strategy for Inari’s data management activities and proactively drive this vision through the implementation of well-designed systems
- Lead the design and implementation of Inari’s cloud-native data platform, with batch and streaming multi-modal data for insight, dashboards, and to feed ML pipelines.
- Oversee enterprise information management and data governance/quality and ensure data security practices are followed
- Provide guidance and education around system architecture, technology considerations, and roadmaps to the business to ensure successful delivery of strategy and implementation of data solutions
- Direct the design of data delivery, ETL, and warehousing services using next generation technologies that support critical operational and analytical applications for our internal and external stakeholders
- Cultivate cross-functional relationships across the business to understand their data needs and deliver on those needs and manage the delivery of high impact dashboards and data visualizations
- Foster excellence in engineering capabilities, automation, monitoring, risk mitigation, and compliance through coaching and mentoring of your team
- Set the standards and expectations of your team, especially around diversity and inclusion
- 10+ years of progressive experience in data infrastructure, data engineering, and/or data warehousing
- Hands-on experience building large cloud-native data platforms
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, or another technical field
- Extensive experience with cloud environments, data architecture and system languages to include leadership over these areas
- Both design and deployment experience of data management solutions
- A strong commitment to our team’s values: learn from every decision, no heroes/heroines, thoughtful inclusion, and fail fast.
- Active interest in learning new technology or domains. We are an organization that goes across many disciplines.
- Desire to work in a mission driven organization focused on sustainability and how we grow food
- Experience working with agtech or biotech
- Experience working with computational scientists and understanding their diverse needs
Learn more about us...
- Helping farmers feed the world: https://seedworld.com/faster-breeding-will-help-farmers-feed-the-world/
- World Economic Forum Global Innovator: https://inari.com/news/inari-selected-for-world-economic-forums-global-innovators-community
- Bloomberg: Inari AgTech Startup https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-12/agtech-startup-inari-nabs-new-funding-at-1-2-billion-valuation
- Forbes: Gene editing with CRISPR https://www.forbes.com/sites/lanabandoim/2021/05/21/gene-editing-seeds-with-crispr-is-transforming-agricultural-biotechnology/?sh=63d255e2163d
- AWS Re:Invent Leadership Keynote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCSAwTiF450&t=2507s
- Employee organized groups, regular social events, and volunteer opportunities provide ways for us to forge personal connections and have fun
- A strong focus on professional development, with both internal and external learning opportunities
- Collaboration opportunities with external stakeholders through interactions with our Scientific Advisory Community
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance; competitive parental leave
Apply for this job
Inari is proud of our diverse and talented workforce, and committed to maintaining an environment and business practices that reinforce our commitment to equal opportunity. All employment decisions are based solely upon individual competence, track record of performance, and qualifications related to the scope of responsibility of the job, without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/reassignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.