About the Role...
As a Strategic HR Business Partner you will participate in strategy creation and execution of effective tactics with a focus on talent management, employee relations and developing a culture of innovation, boldness, openness, collaboration, integrity, and diversity. She or he will assess the priorities of several major business units including R&D, Data Science, and G&A, bringing analytical and functional human resources skills, along with strong business acumen to the table. The Strategic HR Business Partner closely collaborates with other People Team members to develop and ensure value added service delivery that accurately reflects Inari’s values and employer brand.
As the Strategic HR Business Partner, you will…
- Partner across the organization to develop and deliver value added services to key leadership team members and employees that supports and enriches Inari’s culture and contributes to the achievement of key business goals.
- Understand the business strategy and identify opportunities to improve organizational capability while maintaining Inari’s unique culture.
- Understand the business strategy and identify opportunities to increase alignment with the strategy.
- Diagnose gaps between current and desired organization performance and deploy actions to resolve gaps, including organization redesign, process change, coaching and training.
- Coach others on how to engage and retain key talent, identify when there is a retention risk.
- Function as key facilitator for the company’s performance management program.
- Partner with managers on the annual goal setting process, the annual assessment process and periodic feedback sessions that strive to raise the performance of the organization.
- Provide coaching and consulting to business leaders.
- Advocate employee communications processes that inform employees as well as to enhance communication between employees and management.
- Provide guidance and direction to business leaders on human resource management policies, processes and systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field. Advanced degree is a plus
- 8+ years of human resources generalist experience
- Track record of progressive development through working experiences in various areas of human resources management (HR rotation program, a plus)
- Demonstrated experience developing talent strategies to address business needs and drive continuous improvement
- Excellent communication and executive coaching skills
- Ability to demonstrate business and financial acumen
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- A strong sense of purpose and drive to develop unique, high impact solutions
- Adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges, innate curiosity, and a passion for learning
- Creative and strategic thinking, willingness to be bold and take risks, and the ability to recognize and learn from failure
- A collaborative mindset that is open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback
- Ability to work both independently and deliver on responsibilities within a highly collaborative environment
Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 170 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
- Employee organized groups, regular social events, and volunteer opportunities provide ways for us to forge personal connections and have fun
- A strong focus on professional development, with both internal and external learning opportunities
- Collaboration opportunities with external stakeholders through interactions with our Scientific Advisory Community
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance; competitive parental leave
Apply for this job
Inari is proud of our diverse and talented workforce, and committed to maintaining an environment and business practices that reinforce our commitment to equal opportunity. All employment decisions are based solely upon individual competence, track record of performance, and qualifications related to the scope of responsibility of the job, without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/reassignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.