About The role…
We are looking for a structured thinker and enthusiastic self-starter who will lead projects in conjunction with stakeholders across the organization to develop fact-based corporate strategies. You'll be joining a growing team to help shape Inari's growth strategy while working with Inari’s top management (Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Science Officer, etc) on a daily basis. You will analyze raw data, assess quantitative and qualitative trends across strategic market segments, as well as internal operations, and synthesize that analysis into strategic recommendations. Working with internal and external subject-matter experts, other members of the strategy team, and various stakeholders across Inari, the Sr. Corporate Strategy Associate ensures we are capturing and surfacing the best insights to make highly impactful business decisions. On this journey you will learn what it takes to build and run a biotech startup from a team of industry leaders in a rapidly evolving, purpose driven, high growth environment while helping to transform the global food system.
As a Sr. Corporate Strategy Associate you will…
- Drive a range of mission critical strategic topics for the company (e.g sustainability, new market entry, strategic partnerships)
- Be a thought-partner, build great working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to gather subject matter expert input, align the leadership team and drive action
- Apply your business acumen to analyze raw data, assess quantitative and qualitative trends across strategic market segments - including business, customer, technology, financial and competitive aspects and synthesize your findings into strategic recommendations
- Develop fact-based models to inform, validate and articulate key corporate strategies
- Provide detailed guidance and scenarios into organic and inorganic strategic opportunities through rigorous market and financial analysis including market assessment, business case, build vs. buy modeling, ROI etc.
- Collaborate on the Company’s business plan and other financial models
- At least 2 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking or similar
- MBA or similar advanced professional degree preferred, although not required
- A strong interest in improving agriculture, sustainability and the environment
- Experience in strategic and business analysis, including detailed financial modelling
- Excellent communication and presentation skills - written, visual (i.e. presentations) and oral
- Nice to have: experience working in the food & agricultural value chain
- A willingness to travel both within and outside of the United States
- A strong sense of purpose and drive to develop unique, high impact solutions
- Adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges, innate curiosity, and a passion for learning
- Creative and strategic thinking, willingness to be bold and take risks, and the ability to recognize and learn from failure
- A collaborative mindset that is open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback
- Ability to work both independently and deliver on responsibilities within a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of individuals and audiences
Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 170 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
- Employee organized groups, regular social events, and volunteer opportunities provide ways for us to forge personal connections and have fun
- A strong focus on professional development, with both internal and external learning opportunities
- Collaboration opportunities with external stakeholders through interactions with our Scientific Advisory Community
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance; competitive parental leave
Apply for this job
Inari is proud of our diverse and talented workforce, and committed to maintaining an environment and business practices that reinforce our commitment to equal opportunity. All employment decisions are based solely upon individual competence, track record of performance, and qualifications related to the scope of responsibility of the job, without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/reassignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.