About the role...
The Sr. Compliance Manager will be responsible for leading the delivery of the overall Compliance framework of the Corporation under the guidance of the General Counsel. Building from existing blueprint and current culture, the Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing enterprise-wide Compliance policies, training programs and educational materials based on compliance risk assessment. The manager will plan, develop and manage multi-channel communications that promote a strong culture of Compliance. Additionally, this role will provide ongoing project management of cross-functional initiatives and special projects.
The manager will integrate subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area and contribute to standards around which others will operate. The ideal candidate will have an in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the legal and compliance function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function. Additionally, this role requires a candidate with solid commercial acumen along with strong communication and influencing skills in order to guide, influence and convince both internally and with external customers.This role will report to the General Counsel and Compliance Officer of the corporation, and be located in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
As Sr. Compliance Manager, you will…
- Manage or oversee all Compliance matters in the organization, including securing the appropriate compliance strategy, framework, governance, policies, training and certification program of the corporation.
- Recommend and Implement compliance strategy and tactics of the corporation under the oversight of the Compliance Committee and guidance from the General Counsel and Compliance Officer. Appropriately assess risks when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Inari, our clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervising the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- A solid understanding of biotechnology regulatory requirements, as well as some knowledge of export control, custom processes and international trade concepts.
- Be able to effectively and clearly communicate complex regulatory requirements and solutions to all stakeholders within the organization incl. teams and individuals, senior, mid and junior management, and individual contributors.
- Create and deliver effectively policies and training on existing and new regulations and requirements as needed
- Design and executes the Compliance auditing and monitoring program
- Support and manage the Compliance Hotline and reporting process
- Bring experience in analyzing and reporting on data and processes in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement and efficiency of results and to find solutions, and provide implementable recommendations accordingly.
- Communicate effectively with senior and executive leadership.
- Support with third party compliance due diligence activities
- Keeps abreast of the organization’s operational processes and industry best practices for relevant strategy.
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of experience managing projects (planning, organizing and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals & objectives).
- Recognized experience and successful track record working with compliance in a regulated industry.
- Experience working with confidential or highly-sensitive information.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Recognized certification ethics and compliance field(s)
- Demonstrated ability to lead and guide senior stakeholders and team members
- Pristine work and compliance ethics
- A strong sense of purpose and drive to develop unique, high impact solutions.
- Adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges, innate curiosity, and a passion for learning.
- Creative and strategic thinking, sound judgment, reflective mindset and the ability to recognize and learn from failure.
- A collaborative mindset that is open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback.
- Ability to work both independently and deliver on responsibilities within a highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence with a diverse range of individuals and audiences.
Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 170 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
- Employee organized groups, regular social events, and volunteer opportunities provide ways for us to forge personal connections and have fun
- A strong focus on professional development, with both internal and external learning opportunities
- Collaboration opportunities with external stakeholders through interactions with our Scientific Advisory Community
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance; competitive parental leave
Apply for this job
Inari is proud of our diverse and talented workforce, and committed to maintaining an environment and business practices that reinforce our commitment to equal opportunity. All employment decisions are based solely upon individual competence, track record of performance, and qualifications related to the scope of responsibility of the job, without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/reassignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.