About the Role...
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled accounting professional to be part of a growing Finance team. This is an opportunity for a candidate who is hands-on, looking to make an impact on processes and procedures, and capable of taking on increased responsibility as the Company continues to grow. The candidate will be detail oriented and a team player.
This position will report to our Controller and will collaborate with finance team members to support day-to-day financial operations. This position will be responsible for many aspects of general ledger-related activities ranging from proper application of US GAAP to accounting transactions, month-end close process and financial reporting, and balance sheet account reconciliations. Additionally, this position will closely work with a variety of other internal departments.
As Senior Accountant you will...
- Support month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting close for areas of functional responsibility and related financial reporting
- Prepare and input journal entries, including accruals, adjustments, and reversing journal entries if need be, in accordance with GAAP, and ensure quality control over the financial transactions
- Prepare and review monthly reconciliations of assigned balance sheet accounts and ensure compliance with GAAP. This may include cash, prepaids, fixed assets, accruals, and others
- Manage the company’s closing and accrual positions for accrued expenses
- Coordinate and record intercompany eliminations and allocations
- Manage accounting related matters with outsourced providers for foreign subsidiaries
- Assist Controller and Accounts Payable Associate with invoice processing and vendor payments. This would include setting up vendors, receiving and coding invoices, securing approvals, and processing bi-weekly check run, ACH and wire transfers
- Be a resource for the business to resolve any procurement or expense questions as needed
- Research and analyze technical accounting matters to support development of company policies and documentation
- Develop, implement and document new accounting policies and procedures to scale with the organization
- Assist with the design and implementation of processes and internal controls
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
- Manage assigned projects and collaborate with cross-functional team members in delivering high quality, decision ready information to our business partners wherever needed
- Perform special purpose or ad-hoc projects as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with 3-5 years of experience is required (mix of private and public experience is preferred)
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP accounting and reporting
- Meaningful experience working with general ledger functions and preparing consolidated financial statements
- Prior experience with NetSuite or equal-caliber ERP system is preferred
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills, along with a high level of attention to detail
- Experience in the design, documentation and testing of internal controls
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges, innate curiosity, and a passion for learning
- High degree of dedication to improvement and strong sense of ownership
- Ability to work both independently and deliver on responsibilities within a highly collaborative and growing environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of individuals and audiences
Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 170 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
- Employee organized groups, regular social events, and volunteer opportunities provide ways for us to forge personal connections and have fun
- A strong focus on professional development, with both internal and external learning opportunities
- Collaboration opportunities with external stakeholders through interactions with our Scientific Advisory Community
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance; competitive parental leave
Apply for this job
Inari is proud of our diverse and talented workforce, and committed to maintaining an environment and business practices that reinforce our commitment to equal opportunity. All employment decisions are based solely upon individual competence, track record of performance, and qualifications related to the scope of responsibility of the job, without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/reassignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.