Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 200 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role....
We are currently seeking a Soybean Breeder to plan, manage and support the delivery of projects that will improve the performance of our soybean germplasm and varieties.
As a Soybean Breeding Lead , you will…
- Design and manage the soybean breeding pipeline from alignment on breeding objectives through variety development
- Provide leadership to the soybean breeding team. Responsible for the product development workstream within the project.
- Measure and monitor key performance indicators relative to breeding performance and program efficiency. Leverage performance metrics and benchmarking to constantly improve efficiency of germplasm improvement (for example, genetic gain and cost)
- Ensure appropriate technology integration in germplasm improvement projects and product development processes
- Work with Crop Science, Pre-commercial and Product Management to support stage line promotion decisions
- Partner with Genetic Scientists to support development and implementation of Traits & Molecular Breeding efforts
- PhD or MSc with 3 years of proven experience in Plant Breeding or related discipline
- Knowledge and experience in methods and theory of plant breeding, bioinformatics, genetics, and next-generation sequencing data
- Experience in the application of molecular technologies to product development including Marker Assisted Breeding (MAB) and Genome Wide Selection (GWS)
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects and experience in project management principles
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work in the US without visa sponsorship
- Experience working in big dataset and using data analytics applied to plant breeding
- Programming experience in conducting genetic and statistical analyses
- A strong sense of purpose and drive to develop unique, high impact solutions.
- Adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges, innate curiosity, and a passion for learning.
- Creative and strategic thinking, willingness to be bold and take risks, and the ability to recognize and learn from failure.
- A collaborative mindset that is open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback.
- Ability to work both independently and deliver on responsibilities within a highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of individuals and audiences.
- Employee organized groups, regular social events, and volunteer opportunities provide ways for us to forge personal connections and have fun
- A strong focus on professional development, with both internal and external learning opportunities
- Collaboration opportunities with external stakeholders through interactions with our Scientific Advisory Community
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance; competitive parental leave
Apply for this job
Inari is proud of our diverse and talented workforce, and committed to maintaining an environment and business practices that reinforce our commitment to equal opportunity. All employment decisions are based solely upon individual competence, track record of performance, and qualifications related to the scope of responsibility of the job, without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/reassignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.