About Inari and the role
Named a Technology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, Inari is a late-stage biotech startup on a mission to transform the food system and create a more sustainable future by using predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing.
The Inari Software Engineering team is looking for undergrad and grad Software Engineering interns to work with us building cloud-native, machine learning based systems that tackle problems at the intersection of breeding, gene editing, and agronomy, working closely with data scientists, bioinformaticians, quantitative geneticists, and crop scientists.
If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions with cutting edge technology to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
Location: Cambridge, MA, Ghent, Belgium, or West Lafayette, IN
Candidates must be pursuing a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program in Computer Science, Mathematics, Biotechnology, Electrical Engineering or related STEM fields and bring one or more of:
- A strong commitment to our team’s values: learn from every decision, no heroes/heroines, thoughtful inclusion, and fail fast.
- Experience in programming languages and Object Oriented Programming: python, Go, Scala, Java, etc
- Experience with machine learning theory or engineering
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience with cloud tools, infrastructure-as-code, microservices, machine learning pipelines and containerization. Relevant tech includes AWS tools, Kubernetes, Kubeflow, TensorFlow or PyTorch.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross functional environment in a self directed fashion
- Active interest in learning new technology or domains. We are an organization that goes across many disciplines.
- Desire to work in a mission driven organization focused on sustainability and how we grow food
- Interest in exploring new tools from the literature and working with large data sets.
Learn more about us:
Helping farmers feed the world: https://seedworld.com/faster-breeding-will-help-farmers-feed-the-world/
World Economic Forum Global Innovator: https://inari.com/news/inari-selected-for-world-economic-forums-global-innovators-community
Bloomberg: Inari AgTech Startup https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-12/agtech-startup-inari-nabs-new-funding-at-1-2-billion-valuation
Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 170 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
- Employee organized groups, regular social events, and volunteer opportunities provide ways for us to forge personal connections and have fun
- A strong focus on professional development, with both internal and external learning opportunities
- Collaboration opportunities with external stakeholders through interactions with our Scientific Advisory Community
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance; competitive parental leave
Apply for this job
Inari is proud of our diverse and talented workforce, and committed to maintaining an environment and business practices that reinforce our commitment to equal opportunity. All employment decisions are based solely upon individual competence, track record of performance, and qualifications related to the scope of responsibility of the job, without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/reassignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.