About the role...
We are looking for a self-motivated, curious, collaborative Scientist with broad technical experience in protein engineering and biochemistry. In this role, you will collaborate with Scientists and Research Associates to develop cutting-edge methods for computational protein design, build technology platforms for high-throughput data generation, and characterize novel protein targets. This lab based role is located at our HQ in Cambridge, MA. If you have a desire to contribute to a world changing mission Inari is the place for you!
As a Scientist, you will...
- Develop and automate novel biochemical and molecular assays, and perform high-throughput screens for protein function, interaction, and expression
- Express and purify recombinant proteins in prokaryotic and cell-free systems
- Design and clone diverse gene libraries using site-directed mutagenesis and PCR-based methods
- Develop, document and deploy standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Collaborate with scientists and research associates to design experiments, trouble-shoot, and analyze experimental data
- Maintain up to date electronic records and communicate results to stakeholders through written reports and oral presentations
- PhD or Master’s degree with at least 4 years of lab experience in a relevant scientific discipline (e.g. biochemistry, bioengineering, genetics, etc.)
- Understanding of protein structure, folding, stability, function, interaction, and dynamics
- Proficient in common protein stability, interaction, and activity assay formats and analytical instruments
- Experience in protein expression, affinity purification (AKTA/FPLC), and detection by SDS-PAGE / Western blot
- Experience with prokaryotic selection or directed evolution systems, FACS or microfluidics, and fluorescence screening
- Experience with molecular biology and cloning, Gibson assembly, site-directed mutagenesis, and nucleic acid analysis (electrophoresis, PCR and qPCR)
- Excellent time management and organization, professional integrity, adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges, innate curiosity, and a passion for learning
- A strong sense of purpose and drive to develop unique, high-impact solution
- Experience with gene editing and CRISPR-Cas technologies
- Experience with Next Generation Sequencing
- Familiarity with Geneious, Benchling, and similar software tools for plasmid design and construction
- An interest in agricultural biotechnology or knowledge of plant molecular biology
- Employee organized groups, regular social events, and volunteer opportunities provide ways for us to forge personal connections and have fun
- A strong focus on professional development, with both internal and external learning opportunities
- Collaboration opportunities with external stakeholders through interactions with our Scientific Advisory Community
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance; competitive parental leave
Apply for this job
Inari is proud of our diverse and talented workforce, and committed to maintaining an environment and business practices that reinforce our commitment to equal opportunity. All employment decisions are based solely upon individual competence, track record of performance, and qualifications related to the scope of responsibility of the job, without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/reassignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.