Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 200 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role..
As a Plant Cell Biology specialist, we are looking for a highly motivated and adaptable person to join our plant transformation platform in Cambridge, MA location. As an integral part of the team, the scientist will be engaged in leveraging transformation techniques to aid our efforts in building genome editing technologies requiring a high degree of agility. The scientist will be responsible for planning and execution of scientific experimentation on multiple plant species and timely reporting of the outcomes. The position will provide opportunity to engage in multiple transformation projects and improvement processes. As the position is centrally situated in our Research and Development platform in Cambridge, it will provide opportunities to work with other scientists and stakeholders.
As a scientist, you will..
- Explore ways to establish new tissue and cell culture systems and novel transformation techniques in established culture systems
- Work with Inari colleagues and our Science Advisory Board to identify and develop novel technologies with the potential to deliver macromolecular cargo to plant cells
- Collaborate with Research Associates and other Scientists to execute scientific experiments related to one or more projects
- Manage third party collaborations in your core area of expertise
- Actively scout for new technologies and partners to strengthen the company's plant cell biology capabilities
- Maintain detailed, accurate and comprehensible records of all your experiments and results
- Interpret and analyze data, draw conclusions and make recommendations based on the results
- Co-develop new scientific project proposals to address unmet company needs
- Build and lead individual work packages within a project
- Work in a fast pace environment and deliver results on high risk projects
- A PhD in plant cell biology or biotechnology with 3 to 5 years of work experience in the field of plant regeneration and/or transformation.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in tissue and cell culture (secondary embryogenesis, protoplast regeneration, suspension culture) with emphasis on optimization.
- Experience with multiple plant transformation systems. Novel technologies such as Nanoparticles, and delivery to different cell types an asset.
- Experience with cell and tissue imaging. Experience with high throughput imaging and image analysis is an asset.
- Demonstrated scientific leadership to independently design, implement, coordinate and drive successful scientific projects
- Strong record of independent research supported by peer-reviewed publications and/or patent applications and patents
- High attention to detail and ability to execute complex research projects
- High agility in learning new technologies and adapting to new research needs as they arise
- A strong sense of purpose and drive to develop unique, high impact solutions
- Adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges, innate curiosity, and a passion for learning
- Creative and strategic thinking, willingness to be bold and take risks, and the ability to recognize and learn from failure
- A collaborative mindset that is open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback
- Ability to work both independently and deliver on responsibilities within a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of individuals and audiences
- Employee organized groups, regular social events, and volunteer opportunities provide ways for us to forge personal connections and have fun
- A strong focus on professional development, with both internal and external learning opportunities
- Collaboration opportunities with external stakeholders through interactions with our Scientific Advisory Community
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance; competitive parental leave
Apply for this job
Inari is proud of our diverse and talented workforce, and committed to maintaining an environment and business practices that reinforce our commitment to equal opportunity. All employment decisions are based solely upon individual competence, track record of performance, and qualifications related to the scope of responsibility of the job, without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/reassignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.