ABOUT THE ROLE…
We are looking for a dynamic and self-motivated Research Associate to join our scientific platform at Inari to work, in particular, on high throughput in planta screening of Inari’s innovative technologies. We are looking for a curious, collaborative research associate with broad technical experience in plant transformation and molecular biology. This is a hands-on lab-based role which requires organization, efficiency, and attention to detail.
AS A RESEARCH ASSOCIATE, YOU WILL....
- Perform tissue transformation in multiple crops
- Support plant gene modification experiments
- Sample plant tissues for molecular and physiological analyses
- Maintain a clean working environment for plant tissue culture experiments
- Perform DNA and RNA isolation from tissue and cell samples
- Maintain detailed and organized records of your work, project data you generate and other information as needed
- Work with colleagues to troubleshoot and develop effective solutions when problems occur
- Participate in scientific discussions and present research outcomes to peers and management
- Bachelor’s degree in plant biology, molecular biology, or related subject with 1-2 years laboratory experience
- Experience with aseptic technique in laminar flow and bio-containment hoods
- Knowledge of plant transformation technologies
- Experience with nucleic acid extraction methodologies
- Understanding of microbiology and molecular biology principles/techniques
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent planning, organization and execution skills
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team member
- Show initiative, have good judgment and be willing to take on additional tasks/ and responsibilities as needed to achieve goals and deliverables.
- Positive attitude and good interpersonal skills
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to challenge status quo in a constructive manner
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Mail, Docs, Slides, Sheets and Drive) and Cloud-based electronic notebook software like Benchling
- Ability to work creatively and efficiently in a fast-paced, start-up company environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Energy, self-motivation, ownership and focused execution
- Curiosity; desire to continuously learn and have a meaningful impact
- A collaborative approach, open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback
- Experience with light and fluorescent microscopy
- Experience with automated liquid handling equipment
Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 170 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
- Employee organized groups, regular social events, and volunteer opportunities provide ways for us to forge personal connections and have fun
- A strong focus on professional development, with both internal and external learning opportunities
- Collaboration opportunities with external stakeholders through interactions with our Scientific Advisory Community
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance; competitive parental leave
Apply for this job
Inari is proud of our diverse and talented workforce, and committed to maintaining an environment and business practices that reinforce our commitment to equal opportunity. All employment decisions are based solely upon individual competence, track record of performance, and qualifications related to the scope of responsibility of the job, without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/reassignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.