About the role...
This is a great opportunity for a dynamic and self-motivated Research Associate to join our fast-growing and collaborative team. This is a hands-on, lab-based role with a focus on quality control in molecular biology.
As a Research Associate, you will…
- Take responsibility for quality control for the plasmid construction team in West Lafayette
- Validate all molecular components (DNA, plasmids, bacterial strains, etc.) before their release in the plant transformation pipeline
- Maintain a catalog of physical working stocks and archives for all molecular components received and constructed on site
- Create and maintain an electronic log of molecular components and associated QC data
- Develop SOPs, streamline QC processes and train the team in order to ensure product integrity
- Support the continuous improvement of existing workflows and processes
- Associates degree with 5+ years lab experience, Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years lab experience or Master’s degree in a relevant scientific discipline (e.g. molecular biology, plant biotechnology) or equivalent lab experience
- Experience in molecular cloning techniques such as digest/ligation, Golden Gate, Gibson and PCR-based assembly
- Experience with quality control for laboratory processes
- Experience with Geneious, Benchling, SnapGene or similar software for plasmid design and construction
- Knowledge of NGS and Sanger sequencing technologies and equipment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Curiosity and a desire to continuously learn and have a meaningful impact
- Creative and strategic thinking, willingness to be bold and take risks
- A collaborative approach, open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback
- Ability to work independently
- Experience working in a production-scale environment
- Knowledge of genome editing technologies
Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 170 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
- Employee organized groups, regular social events, and volunteer opportunities provide ways for us to forge personal connections and have fun
- A strong focus on professional development, with both internal and external learning opportunities
- Collaboration opportunities with external stakeholders through interactions with our Scientific Advisory Community
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance; competitive parental leave
Apply for this job
Inari is proud of our diverse and talented workforce, and committed to maintaining an environment and business practices that reinforce our commitment to equal opportunity. All employment decisions are based solely upon individual competence, track record of performance, and qualifications related to the scope of responsibility of the job, without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/reassignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.