About the role...
We are looking for a highly motivated, proactive and detail-oriented individual with experience in molecular biology including nucleic acid purification and PCR based amplicon generations. You will join the scientific platform at Inari and have opportunities to contribute to various molecular assays and NGS applications. Your position is a hands-on role, responsible for effective delivery and troubleshooting. Primary objective of this position is to generate specific high quality DNA targets for molecular readouts. You are expected to take initiatives to improve pipelines where necessary. Creativity, excellent communication skills and willingness to work in a dynamic team environment is a must for this role.
As a Research Associate, you will…
- Collaborate with scientists and research associates to execute scientific experiments using molecular techniques including isolation of DNA and RNA, oligo design, Sanger sequencing, PCR related applications, various cloning techniques etc…
- Maintain detailed and organized records of your work, project data you generate and other information as needed
- Participate in experimental design and troubleshooting efforts
- Communicate results to stakeholders in written technical reports and oral presentations
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 2+ years research experience (e.g. molecular biology, biotechnology) in academia or industry
- Demonstrated experience with molecular biology assays and instrumentation in nucleic acid extraction, quantification and profiling, PCR amplification
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- A strong sense of purpose and drive to develop unique, high impact solutions
- Adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges, innate curiosity, and a passion for learning
- Creative and strategic thinking, willingness to be bold and take risks, and the ability to recognize and learn from failure
- A collaborative mindset that is open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback
- Ability to work both independently and deliver on responsibilities within a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of individuals and audiences
- Familiarity with Benchling for record keeping and documentation
- Experience with Next Generation Sequencing
Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 170 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
- Employee organized groups, regular social events, and volunteer opportunities provide ways for us to forge personal connections and have fun
- A strong focus on professional development, with both internal and external learning opportunities
- Collaboration opportunities with external stakeholders through interactions with our Scientific Advisory Community
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance; competitive parental leave
Apply for this job
Inari is proud of our diverse and talented workforce, and committed to maintaining an environment and business practices that reinforce our commitment to equal opportunity. All employment decisions are based solely upon individual competence, track record of performance, and qualifications related to the scope of responsibility of the job, without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/reassignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.