Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 230 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role….
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated and proactive Research Associate, Molecular Biology to join our fast-growing team at Inari Ghent. You will join the scientific community at Inari and contribute to developing 21st century solutions to address global food challenges. As a Research Associate Molecular Biology you will be mostly focused on vector cloning and molecular analysis to support the production and characterisation of genetically improved plants.
This position is a hands-on role responsible for effective delivery, troubleshooting and putting ideas into action. You will ensure experiments are executed efficiently and correctly, while taking initiative to improve protocols where necessary. The right candidate enjoys a “start-up” atmosphere and is flexible, shows good judgment, takes initiative and is willing to take on additional tasks and responsibilities as needed to achieve goals and deliverables. Excellent communication skills are essential for this role as part of an interdisciplinary team.
As a Research Associate, you will …
- Collaborate with Research Associates and Scientists to execute vectoring and molecular analysis activities, such as DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, qPCR, Western blot
- Transform plasmid DNA in E.coli and Agrobacterium and perform the necessary QC steps (digest, whole-plasmid sequencing)
- Maintain a clean working environment
- Maintain detailed and organized records of your work, project data you generate and other information as needed
- Work with colleagues to troubleshoot and develop effective solutions when problems occur
- Participate in scientific discussions and present research outcomes to peers and management
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 2+ years research experience (e.g. molecular biology, biotechnology)
- Hands-on experience with vector cloning techniques such as Gibson assembly, Golden Gate, In-Fusion cloning, etc.
- Hands-on experience with molecular techniques (DNA/RNA preparation, PCR, qPCR, western blot etc.)
- Experience with genome editing analysis techniques (Amplicon Sequencing, ddPCR) is a plus.
- Experience with DNA design and analysis software (e.g. Geneious, CLCBio)
- Familiarity with record keeping (electronic lab notebooks, LIMS)
- Familiarity with Quality Management Systems (QMS), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Work Instructions (WI)
- A proactive and positive attitude: you can see the problem and also suggest solutions
- An efficient and well organized approach to deliver high quality results on time with integrity
- A collaborative mindset, open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives and feedback
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- A basic understanding of genome editing technologies and crop improvement
- Experience with lab automation (robotics)
- Employee organized groups, regular social events, and volunteer opportunities provide ways for us to forge personal connections and have fun
- A strong focus on professional development, with both internal and external learning opportunities
- Collaboration opportunities with external stakeholders through interactions with our Scientific Advisory Community
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance; competitive parental leave
Apply for this job
Inari is proud of our diverse and talented workforce, and committed to maintaining an environment and business practices that reinforce our commitment to equal opportunity. All employment decisions are based solely upon individual competence, track record of performance, and qualifications related to the scope of responsibility of the job, without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/reassignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.