Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 200 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role....
Support plant tissue culture laboratory operations working as part of a team to prepare and provide a variety of media and reagents commonly used by our scientists. Maintain a clean and tidy working area and assist in other team projects as needed. Ensure chemicals are properly received and stored per manufacturer instructions.
As a Media Prep Research Associate, you will…
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of plant tissue culture media, bacterial culture media and sterile water according to written protocols and SOPs
- Be familiar with Safety Data Sheets for all chemicals onsite.
- Calibrate and maintain small equipment (pH meters, balances, etc) on a daily basis
- Use specialized lab equipment for preparation and dispensing of media
- Use specialized lab equipment for the proper treatment and disposal of biohazardous waste
- Maintain a clean working environment for plant tissue culture and bacterial culture
- Involve the manager (as applicable) and safety officer when events and decisions may impact safety, or production
- Ensure appropriate levels of glassware inventory in all areas of operations
- Must be able to follow Standard Operating Procedures
- Must be self-motivated
- Skilled in lab organization with attention to detail
- Aseptic technique, familiarity with common lab tools and equipment
- Mechanical aptitude and familiarity with sterilizing/cleaning equipment is required
- Comfortable converting reagent concentrations between molarity and grams per Liter
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs and stand for extended periods of time
- Adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges, innate curiosity, and a passion for learning
- A collaborative mindset that is open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback
- Ability to work both independently and deliver on responsibilities within a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of individuals and audiences
- Knowledge in science and/or agriculture
- Experience with media preparation
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Employee organized groups, regular social events, and volunteer opportunities provide ways for us to forge personal connections and have fun
- A strong focus on professional development, with both internal and external learning opportunities
- Collaboration opportunities with external stakeholders through interactions with our Scientific Advisory Community
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance; competitive parental leave
Apply for this job
Inari is proud of our diverse and talented workforce, and committed to maintaining an environment and business practices that reinforce our commitment to equal opportunity. All employment decisions are based solely upon individual competence, track record of performance, and qualifications related to the scope of responsibility of the job, without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/reassignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.