About the role...
This is a great opportunity for a talented field crop genetics manager to help develop the Inari product portfolio by supporting all aspects of evaluating, accessing, and using collaboration germplasm at Inari. This role will be a key liaison between Product Development, Product Management, and the collaboration partners. The role requires detailed evaluation of available collaboration germplasm/technology as it pertains to overall Inari needs. The ideal candidate would be based in West Lafayette, Indiana but for the right candidate, flexibility will be considered for your remote work location, with appropriate travel as needed.
As a Licensing Manager, Germplasm, you will…
- Work closely with the Product Management Team to deliver Inari’s germplasm strategy. Understand Inari product needs and bring differentiated products to market.
- Be responsible to evaluate all collaboration germplasm that the collaboration team is considering accessing via license agreements and make selections towards filling Inari’s product needs for all collaboration material selected:
- Be responsible for coordinating all Inari activity with the germplasm, including field trialing, transformation, breeding, and editing. This includes prioritizing, tracking, and reporting all activity and results. The activity report will be kept up to date, and progress reported to internal function leads and to our germplasm collaboration partners bi-annually
- Be responsible for collecting and sharing the collaborator’s product performance and phenotypic data to all Inari functions. For example, collecting line level product performance data, by individual plot, to be used as part of Inari’s predictive breeding model.
- Be the “go-to” person at Inari for questions on what is or isn’t allowed with collaboration material. o Work with our seed resources group to coordinate shipping, receiving, and onboarding all new collaboration germplasm into company systems in a timely manner (PRISM).
- Sign off on all germplasm requests from the various Inari functions (breeding, predictive design, and transformation), and assure the use follows any restrictions included in current collaboration agreements.
- Lead the development of “a new Inari system” to track and report all activity with collaboration material in a live dashboard format.
- Support Product Management efforts to develop “a new system” to track in-season performance results for in-season sharing with collaboration partners.
- Maintain good working knowledge of the competitive landscape to improve Inari’s success with collaboration partners.
- Support Product Management in our product advancement and development of future Product Concepts in both corn and soybeans.
- B.S. in Agronomy, Ag Business, or similar with 10+ years of industry experience in seed product management, plant breeding, sales & marketing, or agronomy. (M.S. or M.B.A. preferred)
- Basic understanding of all aspects of seed business including product performance evaluation, agronomic practices, growing environment differences, and seed production & supply chain.
- Working knowledge of creating a product gap analysis, and to apply that to evaluating and assessing products in the field.
- Demonstrated strength in working and influencing across functions and teams. Ability to collaborate across Science, Product Development, and Commercial.
- Aptitude for working with and learning new technical information related to Agriculture and/or seed technologies.
- Ability to speak with customers and Inari’s product needs and Inari’s technology in a way that customers will understand.
- Ability to sort through ambiguity and strong interest to create structure, process, and policy in the area of responsibility.
- Working knowledge of standard office software tools.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- A strong sense of purpose and drive to develop unique, high impact solutions.
- Adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges, innate curiosity, and a passion for learning.
- Creative and strategic thinking, willingness to be bold and take risks, and the ability to recognize and learn from failure.
- A collaborative mindset that is open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback.
- Ability to work both independently and deliver on responsibilities within a highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of individuals and audiences.
- Basic understanding of crop development and agronomy.
- Basic understanding of corn & soybean seed product development.
- Business-to-Business experience, especially experience in seed licensing.
Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 170 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
- Employee organized groups, regular social events, and volunteer opportunities provide ways for us to forge personal connections and have fun
- A strong focus on professional development, with both internal and external learning opportunities
- Collaboration opportunities with external stakeholders through interactions with our Scientific Advisory Community
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance; competitive parental leave
Apply for this job
Inari is proud of our diverse and talented workforce, and committed to maintaining an environment and business practices that reinforce our commitment to equal opportunity. All employment decisions are based solely upon individual competence, track record of performance, and qualifications related to the scope of responsibility of the job, without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/reassignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.