Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 200 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role....
This is a great opportunity for an experienced custodian to join our diverse and fast-growing team. In this role, you will be a member of our facilities team providing outstanding custodial support for our site located in West Lafayette, Indiana. This role is an hourly, non exempt position working 24 hours per week reporting directly to our Site Manager.
As an Environmental Assistant, you will…
- Perform routine and comprehensive custodial maintenance of assigned facilities including:
- Provide daily service of the following areas:
- Removal of trash in accordance with established procedures
- Clean and disinfect laboratory, office and greenhouse space
- Clean and disinfect restrooms, lunchroom and other common areas
- Vacuum, shampoo and spot clean carpeted areas in office area
- Clean and maintain hard surface flooring
- Replenish custodial supplies as needed
- Perform deep cleaning once each quarter (polish floors, wash windows, etc)
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- One year of custodial experience in a professional setting; experience in a laboratory setting a plus
- Self-motivation and understanding of the impact your work has on others
- Team player mindset, enjoy working in a team environment
- Reliability and detail-oriented
- Understand and execute oral and written instructions
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills
- This is a second shift position part time position. Working hours are 4pm - 12am Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20lbs on a regular basis
- A strong sense of purpose and drive to develop unique, high impact solutions.
- Adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges, innate curiosity, and a passion for learning.
- Creative and strategic thinking, willingness to be bold and take risks, and the ability to recognize and learn from failure.
- A collaborative mindset that is open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback.
- Ability to work both independently and deliver on responsibilities within a highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of individuals and audiences.
- Employee organized groups, regular social events, and volunteer opportunities provide ways for us to forge personal connections and have fun
- A strong focus on professional development, with both internal and external learning opportunities
- Collaboration opportunities with external stakeholders through interactions with our Scientific Advisory Community
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance; competitive parental leave
Apply for this job
Inari is proud of our diverse and talented workforce, and committed to maintaining an environment and business practices that reinforce our commitment to equal opportunity. All employment decisions are based solely upon individual competence, track record of performance, and qualifications related to the scope of responsibility of the job, without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/reassignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.