Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 200 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role…..
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled financial professional to be part of a growing Finance team and directly manage all FP&A activities. This role will serve as the Finance Business Partner to all areas of the Company, be responsible for treasury activities and support investor relations activities. The individual will be responsible for managing the budgeting and forecasting process, oversight of the company’s long-range plans, and provide analytical support / insights to enable each department to deliver on company objectives.
The ideal candidate has a solid background leading an FP&A function, understanding of cash management and thrives in an environment of rapid growth and changing demands.
As FP&A and Capital Markets lead, you will
- Financial Planning and Analysis:
- Manage the annual budget and forecasting process
- Own the long-range financial planning
- Build and maintain financial and analytical reporting models
- OverseeFP&A Business Partner for all areas of the Company working closely with leadership team and partnering with commercial finance lead
- Partner with department budget owners to provide operational analysis, reporting and improve forecasting accuracy
- Assist with development of Board of Directors and other Executive presentations
- Create financial and operational dashboards by leveraging financial systems like Adaptive Insights, Netsuite, etc
- Support collecting and analyzing relevant financial data for investor requests
- Perform ad hoc analysis to enable departments to take business decisions
- Assist in evaluating new business opportunities (with the Strategy Function) and tracking performance of key business initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
- Treasury / Cash Management;
- Oversee day-to-day cash management including forecasting; and analyzing cash flows and expenditures
- Manage third party banking relationships including oversight of international cash accounts
- Manage cash investments in accordance with the company investment policy
- Oversee borrowing relationships and assure compliance with provisions of debt agreements
- Lead debt refinancing activity as needed
- Investor Relations
- Maintain regular contact with existing investors providing information and support as needed
- Maintain investor database
- Support establishment of relationships with sellside analysts and the investment community including preparation of materials, making presentations, etc.
- Oversee hiring, development and performance of staff
- Motivation and hands-on attitude, can operate independently in all aspects of the job
- Results-oriented, self-starter with high level of personal initiative and focus on continuous improvementProven ability to bring analysis, insights and foresight to improve business performance
- Experience in a product-based or manufacturing environment as well as having worked for a publicly-traded company
- Excellent interpersonal skills and solid communication to be able to collaborate with all levels of management from scientists to board members
- Organizational skills and attention to detail are critical in managing shifting priorities and multiple assignments
- A Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or a related field, MBA preferred
- 7+ years of combined relevant experience with min 3 years managing finance professionals
- Superior financial modeling and systems management including Excel, and financial database systems skills/knowledge (Adaptive Insights, Hyperion Planning, or similar caliber tools)
- Desire to drive efficiency, process improvement, and to enhance understanding of business drivers
- Employee organized groups, regular social events, and volunteer opportunities provide ways for us to forge personal connections and have fun
- A strong focus on professional development, with both internal and external learning opportunities
- Collaboration opportunities with external stakeholders through interactions with our Scientific Advisory Community
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance; competitive parental leave
Apply for this job
Inari is proud of our diverse and talented workforce, and committed to maintaining an environment and business practices that reinforce our commitment to equal opportunity. All employment decisions are based solely upon individual competence, track record of performance, and qualifications related to the scope of responsibility of the job, without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/reassignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.