Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 200 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
About The Role….
This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated and dedicated Computational Biologist to join our Data Analytics & Automation Team on the Science Platform to support the development of Inari’s multiplex genome editing toolbox, scientific projects, and product development. In this role, you will have the opportunity to engage in a cross-functional team as a computational biologist to perform statistical analysis, genomic and editing data analysis, and predictive modeling. The role is required to work closely and dynamically with other team members across both wet and dry sides to enable better editing designs and prediction of editing outcomes. If you are looking for a challenging opportunity in a fast-growing team environment, this role is for you. The role will be based in Cambridge, MA.
As A Computational Biologist, You Will...
- Independently perform statistical analysis, genomic and editing data analysis, mine public databases, and predictive modeling to provide scientific contributions and achieve business goals
- Drive innovation and value by combining state-of-the-art analytics, data integration, data visualization, and biological domain knowledge
- Develop and implement advanced models, including machine learning/deep learning, with applications to genomics and gene editing
- Partner with data science platform, engineers, and collaborators across domains to understand research and product development needs and deliver on high-impact projects and cross-function support
- Communicate business impact accurately across key stakeholders and present validated results to all levels of the organization, including peers, senior management, and internal stakeholders to drive both strategic and operational service changes
- Ph.D. degree or equivalent experience in one of the following areas: Computational Biology, Statistical Genetics, Population Genetics, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Computer Science or other related quantitative disciplines
- Experience working with multi-omics data and managing and dissecting large unstructured datasets
- Demonstrate strong data science skills and level of experience building data analysis pipeline, statistical models, and analyzing data using R and/or Python
- Develop heuristic rules, optimization, and algorithms to improve editing design and data analysis pipeline
- Proficiency in predictive modeling and broad understanding of emerging machine learning and deep learning approaches, limitations, and pitfalls
- Experience with machine learning libraries like Scikit-learn, PyTorch, and/or TensorFlow for biological applications
- Ability to work independently and manage timelines in a fast-paced, collaborative and cross-functional environment and handle ambiguity gracefully
- Fast learner, critical thinking, can-do attitude, strong problem-solving skills, and agility to adapt approaches to new data and questions
- Strong communication competencies to present computational concepts and explain your work to a wide variety of audiences across levels of the organization
Additional Desired Skills/Experience:
- Experience with population genetics
- Experience in applying machine learning algorithms to gene editing problems
- Experience in creating web-based tools and visualization applications
- A good understanding of gene editing
- A good understanding of pangenome
We offer you a challenging job in an exciting environment. You will be part of a growing and innovative company, driven by a strong purpose of transforming the plant breeding industry. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team and have the possibility to grow in your role through continuous learning. You will be challenged to take initiative, contributing to the success of the company. We offer you a competitive compensation package commensurate with your skill and experience.
- Employee organized groups, regular social events, and volunteer opportunities provide ways for us to forge personal connections and have fun
- A strong focus on professional development, with both internal and external learning opportunities
- Collaboration opportunities with external stakeholders through interactions with our Scientific Advisory Community
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance; competitive parental leave
Apply for this job
Inari is proud of our diverse and talented workforce, and committed to maintaining an environment and business practices that reinforce our commitment to equal opportunity. All employment decisions are based solely upon individual competence, track record of performance, and qualifications related to the scope of responsibility of the job, without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/reassignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.