About the role…
This is a great opportunity for a talented technical product expert to help develop, evaluate, and characterize the Inari corn and soybean product portfolio as we accelerate our commercial expansion. This role will be a key liaison between the Product Development and our Independent Seed Brand (ISB) customers by building and managing the product portfolio including the launch and management of gene edited products.
As the Commercial Germplasm Lead, you will…
- Be the key technical product rep for ISB customers. You will lead the evaluation of Inari’s genetics, traits, late-stage product testing efforts in concert with ISB testing and evaluation efforts and needs. This includes edit demonstrations, testing, and evaluation.
- Represent ISB customer needs and provide market insights to Inari Product Development and Product Management teams that contribute to early stage product selections and/or product concepts.
- Assist ISB customers in effective lifecycle management strategies with Inari’s products, product placement, and in-season management. You will also gather product forecasts from ISB customers that create parent seed increase plans.
- Work closely with Key Account Managers to evaluate, characterize and assist in the management of a competitive, customer-focused product portfolio of genetics, traits, and edits for ISB customers including the development and execution of annual demand plans for ISB customers.
- Assist the Product Manager in the ownership and management of the Product Advancement process working with all key R&D and Commercial stakeholders to understand market needs, analyze performance, gather input, and make product & portfolio decisions.
- Lead the development of product positioning strategy and recommendations with input and support of key R&D colleagues.
- Work with Commercial Marketing and Product Management to develop product collateral needed to support commercial sales and/or promotion.
- Assist in the phenotypic evaluation and data collection of products in the field with key R&d personnel including Edited corn and soybeans.
- Collaborate with Product Development to ensure research and testing strategies are in place to generate, demonstrate, and analyze product performance. This includes testing and evaluation of edited products and occasional field data collection.
- Maintain good working knowledge of the competitive landscape to better manage the Inari portfolio as well as make portfolio decisions.
- B.S. in Agronomy, Ag Business, or similar with 5+ years of industry experience in Ag sales & marketing, agronomy, and/or product management.
- Basic understanding of all aspects of seed business including product performance evaluation, agronomic practices, growing environment differences, and seed production & supply chain.
- Ability to evaluate and assess products in the field.
- Demonstrated strength in working and influencing across functions and teams. Ability to collaborate across Product Development and Commercial.
- Aptitude for working with and learning technical information related to Agriculture and/or seed technologies.
- Ability to speak with customers and present products and/or technologies in a way that customers will understand. This includes the ability to build strategic relationships with ISB customers.
- Working knowledge of standard office software tools.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- A strong sense of purpose and drive to develop unique, high impact solutions.
- Adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges, innate curiosity, and a passion for learning.
- Creative and strategic thinking, willingness to be bold and take risks, and the ability to recognize and learn from failure.
- A collaborative mindset that is open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback.
- Ability to work both independently and deliver on responsibilities within a highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of individuals and audiences.
- Basic understanding of crop development and agronomy.
- Basic understanding of corn & soybean product development.
- Any type of Business-to-Business experience would be very helpful.
- Previous experience in seed licensing very beneficial, though not required.
Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 170 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
- Employee organized groups, regular social events, and volunteer opportunities provide ways for us to forge personal connections and have fun
- A strong focus on professional development, with both internal and external learning opportunities
- Collaboration opportunities with external stakeholders through interactions with our Scientific Advisory Community
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance; competitive parental leave
Apply for this job
Inari is proud of our diverse and talented workforce, and committed to maintaining an environment and business practices that reinforce our commitment to equal opportunity. All employment decisions are based solely upon individual competence, track record of performance, and qualifications related to the scope of responsibility of the job, without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/reassignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.