About the role...
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled accounting professional to be part of a growing Finance team. In this high-impact role, you will lead key day-to-day financial operations and compliance functions. You will oversee the month-end close process, and partner with the Controller and peers to drive continuous improvement in financial operations. This is an opportunity to lead the development and implementation of processes and internal controls to support our growing organization. The ideal candidate will have a strategic mindset and hands-on approach.
- Manage key accounting operations including accounts payable and payroll as well as and oversight of the general ledger, monthly close and financial controls
- Lead a small team of direct reports (currently a senior accountant, accounts payable associate and a payroll administrator)
- Implementation of policies and procedures in anticipation of an IPO
- Accountability and hands-on involvement in all company accounting-related matters:
- Oversight of the general ledger, including month-end/ quarter-end/ year-end close activities (journal entries, reconciliations, P&L review, etc.)
- Manage fixed asset accounting, ensuring that capitalization/depreciation policies are followed
- Serve as backup for payroll processing and a resource for related compliance matters
- Maintain consolidation for all domestic and foreign entities and manage related matters with outsourced providers for foreign subsidiary
- Partner with the Controller in developing policies and interpretation of GAAP guidance for revenue recognition and other key accounting and reporting areas as needed
- Research and analyze technical accounting matters to support development of company policies and documentation
- Collaborate with the Controller, CFO and Leadership in the development and implementation of new and existing policies and internal controls
- Develop, implement and document new accounting policies and procedures to scale within the organization.
- Establish, monitor, and enforce internal policies, procedures, and controls
- Support and coordinate preparation for financial statement audits and tax compliance reporting (federal/state/sales tax filings and other compliance)
- A combination of experience in public accounting and industry experience in a private and publicly traded companies
- CPA and Bachelor’s degree in accounting required, Masters of Accounting preferred
- Prior experience with NetSuite or equal-caliber ERP system is a must
- Thorough and current knowledge of GAAP accounting principles including experience with complex technical accounting matters
- Experience developing internal controls and driving implementation of policies and procedures
- Experience with review and preparation of financial statements, corporate, payroll and sales tax filings and requirements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process in a setting requiring consolidations, multiple subsidiaries, including international
- A track record of managing and developing staff
- A strong sense of purpose and drive to develop unique, high impact solutions
- Adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges, innate curiosity, and a passion for learning
- Strategic thinking and the ability to recognize and learn from failure
- A collaborative mindset that is open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback
- Ability to work both independently and deliver on responsibilities within a highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of individuals and audiences
Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 170 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
- Employee organized groups, regular social events, and volunteer opportunities provide ways for us to forge personal connections and have fun
- A strong focus on professional development, with both internal and external learning opportunities
- Collaboration opportunities with external stakeholders through interactions with our Scientific Advisory Community
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance; competitive parental leave
Apply for this job
Inari is proud of our diverse and talented workforce, and committed to maintaining an environment and business practices that reinforce our commitment to equal opportunity. All employment decisions are based solely upon individual competence, track record of performance, and qualifications related to the scope of responsibility of the job, without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/reassignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.