Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 200 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role...
We are looking for a dynamic and self-motivated Alliance Management Associate to join our fast-growing and collaborative team. In this position you will work with the Director of External Innovation to support Inari’s mission by facilitating external science and technology collaborations and partnerships to enhance and accelerate Inari’s research and product development capabilities. This position requires an energetic and highly detail-oriented individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to organize information, enable timely project execution, and maintain productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders. This role is located at our office in Cambridge, MA.
As an Alliance Management Associate, you will…
- Work with Director of External Innovation to monitor and manage external interactions
- Contribute to scouting activities for new technologies and partners to strengthen Inari’s science and product development capabilities
- Contribute to development and use of Inari's alliance management dashboard
- Track deliverables and milestones and maintain detailed and accurate records of external interactions and impact to internal projects
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely communication of contract milestones and progress and provide information updates as needed
- Monitor implementation of and adherence to agreed upon scope of work with internal and external partners
- Develop productive relationships and help solve potential challenges with internal (science, product development, legal, regulatory) and/or external stakeholders
- Communicate regarding alliance progress to different internal stakeholders
- Represent Inari as a trustworthy partner with high integrity
- A PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering or related field with 1+ years of alliance/project management experience OR a Masters with 3+ years of alliance/project management experience OR equivalent experience/education.
- Project management skills coupled with scientific and business acumen
- Excellent skills related to information organization – storage, filing, tracking, and sharing with relevant stakeholders.
- Relationship management skills and comfort working with people from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and professions.
- Familiarity with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, and project management software.
- Basic understanding of legal and compliance topics.
- Familiarity with licensing, partnership, and collaborations contracts.
- A strong sense of purpose and drive to develop unique, high impact solutions
- Adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges, innate curiosity, and a passion for learning
- Creative and strategic thinking, willingness to be bold and take risks, and the ability to recognize and learn from failure
- A collaborative mindset that is open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback
- Ability to work both independently and deliver on responsibilities within a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of individuals and audiences
- Experience working in plant biology and/or agriculture-related technologies a bonus but not required
- Employee organized groups, regular social events, and volunteer opportunities provide ways for us to forge personal connections and have fun
- A strong focus on professional development, with both internal and external learning opportunities
- Collaboration opportunities with external stakeholders through interactions with our Scientific Advisory Community
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance; competitive parental leave
Apply for this job
Inari is proud of our diverse and talented workforce, and committed to maintaining an environment and business practices that reinforce our commitment to equal opportunity. All employment decisions are based solely upon individual competence, track record of performance, and qualifications related to the scope of responsibility of the job, without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/reassignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.